Among the many different things, we can build with paper deserve special attention to crowns: they are simple to create and effect. Perfect for a party, for a carnival costume, or any other kids’ celebration. Let’s take a step-by-step and easy look at how to make a crown of sheets of paper.
Thanks to the origami technique, we will be able to make a beautiful crown from several sheets of paper. It is a simple thing to do, although you need to keep an eye out for all the steps explained below.
Steps to make a crown of sheets of paper
- The first thing to do is take a sheet or a folio, put it horizontally, and fold in half. Once you have folded, you bend again, bringing the top to the bottom.
- Open the sheet, and place it horizontally. Now bring each top end to the center, so you have a triangle left. The bottom edge you have left, you bend it and mount it on the base of the triangle.
- Now you will need to repeat these steps with several more sheets so you can create the number of triangles you are going to need to be able to make your crown from sheets of paper.
- You can measure with a tape measure the head of the person who is going to wear the crown, measure the length of the base of the first triangle you have made, and in this way find out how many more leaves you will need.
- Once you have folded all the leaves as explained, you must form your crown.
- Take a pencil and mark with it a stripe at the intersection between the base of the triangle you bent upwards and the tip of it.
- Open the base of the first triangle, take the second one, and place by matching the stripe you just marked with the center of that first triangle. What you are doing is mounting one triangle inside the other, but it must be centered so that the marked end matches the center of the previous one. Place glue and join the two pieces together.
- Now take those two triangles and repeat the process, taking the pencil mark on the left to the center of another triangle you have made. Hit again.
In this way, you have to repeat the process so that you form the crown by joining each triangle with the previous ones.
Once you reach the end, you will only have to join the two triangles of each end by their bases with the help of some glue, and you have already made your crown of sheets of paper, that if you want, you can paint the color you like the most.
We hope that our guide to making paper crowns will help you and add to your celebrations. Do check out our other free resources!