A confirmation letter is usually written as a response to either formal or informal events. These events include formal and informal meetings, appointments, travel, reservations, etc. A confirmation letter can also be written in response to a phone conversation to serve as an agreement on the details discussed.
- Candidates name
- The reporting date and line
- The position at hand
- The compensation packages
- The Terms and Conditions of the job
Multiple roles of a confirmation letter
- A confirmation letter puts value to an oral agreement
- It confirms the participation of individuals in certain events
- A confirmation letter enables the review of an agreement
- A confirmation letter rectifies any misunderstanding on the part of recipient and sender, thereby building goodwill and trust
- A confirmation letter provides authority to an individual to perform tasks in the absence of any authoritative figure
- A confirmation letter also enables the smooth functioning of any enterprise as it clarifies the needed information
- A confirmation letter reminds all the parties involved in the legally binding agreement which they entered
How to Write a Confirmation Letter
A well-written confirmation letter helps you endorse, accept, reinforce one’s resolve, or give new assurance of the legitimacy of something.
- Offer a polite, clear, and appreciative response that helps make clear what is expected of you. Ensure that you have a clear definition of your role from the onset to avoid any misunderstanding
- Repeat/quote the details of the agreement so the reader can respond to any misunderstandings that may have risen
- Clarify the terms and conditions of your agreement if necessary
- Choose your tone carefully.
- Go through the details and ensure that everything is correct.
- Send the letter a few days after you receive the original letter, order, report, or any other information
- Inform everyone involved immediately after receiving the confirmation letter so that everyone is up to date on current happenings
What does a confirmation letter confirm?
A confirmation letter confirms a lot of activities, including:
- Job, employment, or work
- Booking status
- Account balance
Most confirmation letters are usually formal letters, but at times they may have informal tone because the sender and the receiver may already know each other. This is true when there is a correspondence between peers, friends, and professional acquaintances. In this case, the letter may have some jokes, a comment, or a recall of past experiences or any other material which conforms to informal writing. After drafting your letter, it is important that you send the letter to the recipient promptly. If the letter is confirming something that could be of legal significance, make sure to keep a copy of the confirmation letter for your own record before you mail it.
Confirmation Letter Examples & Templates
Confirmation Letter: Template
____ [Address, City code]
_ [Email address]
The human resource manager
XYZ Fitness Centre
Address, Town code
Dear (name of XYZ Fitness Centre manager),
This letter acts as a confirmation to our earlier arrangements about my gymnastics classes at your XYZ fitness Centre, which was dated on (date).
I will have a morning session, which will take two hours as of 5 AM-7 AM and evening gymnastic classes as from 6 PM-7 PM. My payment will be every week, and my first deposit will be immediately wired to your account upon confirmation regarding the above information.
Kindly let me know if the information given above is correct and your duty towards this signed agreement.
Confirmation letter sample
September 2, 20XX
Duby’s Street 1598, CA
Blessings Children’s home
Tucker Street, 5898
Dear May Weather,
RE: Confirmation about visitation
This letter is an official confirmation regarding our previous agreement to visit Blessings Children’s home.
The visitation is scheduled to be happening on October 7, 2018, as of 10 AM. As we discussed earlier, I will spend quality time with the children and later present them with different gifts such as food, clothing, and other necessities. I will be accompanied by my other two workmates, totally up to three visitors.
We appreciate your cooperation in organizing this event, and we hope to work with you in the future.