A staff meeting agenda is used to highlight the issues or problems that need to be discussed with the whole members of a specific area or a department in a session. It acts as a guiding tool that helps the employees to be aware of the current issues of their work area to be able to participate in the assembly, knowing the sample agendas of the said meeting.
Why Do you need Staff Meeting Agenda Templates?
The staff of an organization often meet to address various issues that they face and discuss new plans. However, there might be several topics that need to be covered in a single meeting. To make sure that each topic is covered and that the meeting stays well within the time limit, it is a great idea to use a staff meeting agenda.
Who is the target audience of a staff meeting agenda?
As a leader, you must make your staff groups learn to trust each other so that they feel that they can decorously articulate their grievances and opinions. If they do so, your decisions, your decisions will be firmly grounded and based on their collective opinion. When holding a staff meeting, how successful do you think the meeting is? Since staff time is a valuable resource, all your effort should be made to ensure that the meetings are as productive as possible.
A staff meeting agenda can be used by various parties for various reasons, including:
- It can be used by staff members of a school to discuss examination dates and other important events or to address student and syllabus related matters.
- It can also be used by the bank staff to address various issues that their employees face
- It can also be used by the HR department when discussing the hiring or gauging the progression of employees
The basic information to be included in a staff meeting agenda is as:
- It should contain basic information like; time for the meeting, expected date, minutes of previous meeting, names of the participants, and the location of the meeting.
- The topic and the staff responsible to handle the topic will help them prepare for the topic prior to the staff meeting.
- The objective of each agenda or staff meeting in general.
- The format of the Staff Meeting Agenda. Meeting agendas have to be written using a specific format.
- Provide a chance for your team to create the agenda. This will ensure that all topics are covered.
Sample Staff Meeting Agenda
The chair of the meeting welcomes all the staff members and gives the meeting objective.
The chair of the meeting confirms the attendance of the members
Read the names of those absent with and without apologies.
Ask the secretary to read the minutes from the previous meeting.
Discuss the business arising from the previous meeting.
List the standing agenda items
i. Current trends in human resource management.
Delivery and assessment strategic discussion
· What are the challenges?
· What is working well so far?
· How should the responses be used?
· What actions need to be taken?
· How should the responses and follow-up questions be recorded?
Professional development needs and goals
Review of the departmental policies and procedures
· Upcoming events
· Necessary amendments
Discuss the general business of the meeting.
The chairperson of the meeting shall give a summary of action items.
Announce the date and venue of the next meeting
Adjourn the meeting.
Free Templates & Examples
Feel free to download the following agenda templates and samples in PDF and Word format and have a clear picture of how to write staff meeting agendas from the practical examples.
Benefits of Using a Staff Meeting Agenda
Like many other challenges, you can learn and teach your staff to turn staff meetings into exciting and productive events. This, however, doesn’t happen automatically. A standout amongst the commonly seen blunders submitted by most people in authority, particularly volunteer initiative, is that they attempt to get to know the paid staff.
If you can revise your relationship and view the staff as a companion instead of a worker, things could work much better. Such blander can be omitted through staff meetings, and using a staff meeting agenda can be of much importance in such cases. Other benefits of using a staff meeting agenda template include:
- It gives your meeting a well-organized air
- It can be used to allocate time to each topic thereby ensuring that each topic is well covered during the meeting
- It affords each participant enough time to participate
Dos and Don’ts
- Creating a staff meeting agenda in advance
- All basic information about the staff meeting; Time, participants and location of the meeting
- Objective of the meeting
- The time per every topic
- If you fail to write the agenda in advance
- Having no clear objectives
- No clear schedule on how the meeting will proceed
Before you decide on the topics that you would like to be discussed in the meeting, it is important that you first consult with all the participants to get a clear picture of what they would like to address. Based on this insight, you can then decide on the topics for the meeting. Ensure that you allocate enough time for each topic. You can download and use a staff meeting agenda template from our professionally designed templates to help you out with your meeting. You can easily customize all of them and print them as per your requirement.