The perfect IT resume is one that objectively displays all your qualifications, skills, and experiences. It’s a brief presentation of what you have to offer the company. Of course, the resume is an item that always requires quality to positively influence the selection processes. However, in the IT area, as much as it offers many job openings, this factor tends to make all the difference.
This is because the relationship between high demand and the scarcity of professionals trained to fill vacancies does not affect the level of competition. That is, the best vacancies continue to be extremely disputed.
How to Craft your IT Resume
Knowing that the perfect IT resume is crucial to stand out among competitors, sometimes as skilled as you, surely want to know how to craft one, don’t you? Follow our tips below:
Highlight the experiences and projects
Professional experiences are fundamental for IT vacancies. Specify your previous roles and activities, highlighting those that are related to the vacancy. The focus is to show that you have the capacity to meet the needs of the company.
Be clear in roles and positions
This information should be simple and straightforward, clearly describing what the objectives are within the company.
Beware of abuse of technical terms, recruiters are often not experts in the field and can discard your IT resume for not understanding what is written. Your experiences cannot get confused and you should relate them to the intended vacancy.
Highlight your certifications
In this area of IT resume, certifications are highly valued – sometimes even required for certain positions – so please report correctly what certifications you have, when, and where you have.
Certification helps put them in conversations with other professionals in the field, thus building a network. In addition, they prove your professional knowledge.
It is the largest network of professionals in the world, where you can allocate all your professional information and companies locate your profile according to the vacancy they are offering, in addition to facilitating networking and staying on top of all the news in the market.
To do this, always leave your information up to date, join and interact with groups, and leave your custom URL, so you don’t get confused with others who have the same name.
A good professional should always take care of his image so that companies see him as a qualified employee and can reach high levels, so always try to be updating your IT resume, seek innovations for your area, be creative and always try to be qualified according to the market need.
Following are some of the best IT resume examples:
What does an IT Expert do?
There are many terms for IT expert: nerd, computer expert, computer geek, computer professional, computer specialist, IT specialist, IT professional, IT consultant, etc. The list of names is endlessly long.
If you believe the usual clichés, IT specialists are always one thing: coffee-devouring people who sit in front of the PC day and night and hack some cryptic data into the keyboard. In fact, according to a report, this profession is one of the top 10 in the coffee ranking, but IT experts have even more on it than you think!
What skills does an IT expert need?
An IT expert has extensive computer knowledge and a great technical understanding of software and hardware. He often has certifications in the areas of networking, programming, and databases. Even though IT specialists often work independently, teamwork is an important prerequisite. This is the only way to competently work out and implement customer requirements in order to find tailor-made solutions. Customer conversations are part of daily tasks. The goal is to make IT-based workflows more effective.
In addition to in-depth expertise, an IT expert is also expected to have a high degree of responsibility, enthusiasm, and the ability to take new innovative paths. Conflict capability and a solution-oriented view are also important.
Areas of expertise
The Information Technology sector and the different IT professionals can, in short, be divided into the following areas of activity:
- Infrastructure: The role of those who work in the Infrastructure area is to ensure that all the company’s equipment is up to date and in full operation, as well as ensuring that there is efficient communication between all of them so that failures do not negatively influence employee productivity. Here, technical support analysts and network administrators work, who must be able to recognize the infrastructure needs of companies, as well as propose solutions to remedy them.
- Software: Program systems and software and ensure the quality of everything that is done. This is the work of those who work in the software area – in this case, programmers, system analysts and data processing specialists.
Whether in a large or small company, it does: the work of the professional can increase the productivity of the entire organization, because it enables the implementation of solutions to meet the specific needs of the business and facilitate the daily life of all involved.
- Database: Who takes care of all the information that the organization holds is the professional who specializes in databases. It can be a database administrator or a server expert.
It is his role to ensure the security and integrity of all company information, a task that requires great care and attention, since he has access to confidential information and of utmost importance to the business.
- Regardless of the vacancy or company, it is certain that there may be a huge stack of IT resumes on the HR table waiting to be analyzed. That’s where the importance of a well-formatted IT resume comes in.
- Formatting your qualifications clearly and objectively, informing precisely the academic background (without forgetting to mention the institution), skills and professional experiences consistent with the objective is a good start.
- It is essential that it has no more than one paragraph because the extensive IT resume will hardly be read to the end by analysts —it is ideal that the document has no more than one page.
Have you learned a lot from our tips for a perfect IT resume and templates? We are creating a lot of resources that may interest you! Stay well informed and check them out!