A to-do list is very important in ensuring that you conduct all of your important daily activities. One of the character traits of humans is being forgetful, so sometimes you can come to the end of the day only to realize that you forgot a certain task. A to-do list does away with all the possibilities of forgetting something that you wanted to do. Examples of to-do lists that you can have include shopping, work, assignments and targets to meet. Luckily, you can create your own to do list using Excel from your computer. This article shows you how you can create a to-do list with checkboxes using excel.
Steps to Creating a To Do List in Excel
To create your To Do list effectively, follow the steps below:
- Depending on the to do list that you want to create, open Excel application and add relevant column headers. These may include tasks, priority, status, due date and done/completed.
- After creating the column headers, fill them with relevant information. This includes all the tasks that you want to accomplish in order of their relevance.
- At the Home tab, highlight the column headers then click on the center icon to center the highlighted text.
Adding check boxes in your to-do list
Your to-do list is more fun and easier to accomplish if you add check boxes. These will remind you of the tasks that you have not accomplished easily. Here is how to add check boxes to your to-do list:
- Click on File> options then select the customize ribbon located in the pop-up box.
- Looking at the right side where the Main Tabs are located, you will see a box next to Developer. Click on it, and you should see a new developer tab added to your excel file.
- On the Developer tab, click insert and select the checkbox option.
4. Click on the area where you want your checkbox to appear, and it will automatically do so.
- To enable editing, right click on the text. You can use the provided text or delete them and add yours. You can also resize the boxes at this stage.
- After putting your checkbox in a cell, click on it and drag down to the other columns so that you can auto-populate the checkboxes.
- Create a formula that will help you determine whether the information put on the check boxes is true or false.
To Do List Templates (Excel)
Task To Do List Template
To Do List with Due Date (Excel)
Priority To Do List Template (Excel)
To do lists are very important in helping to work on all of your day’s tasks. Fortunately, you can create one using excel as shown above depending on what you want to achieve.