A church confidentiality agreement is a document that is prepared by a church in order to prevent its employees and volunteers from revealing its inner workings and secrets to the public. This might seem ironic, given that the church is perceived to be a holy place, all the same, there are policies and procedures that the church follows while doing their business that should not be made public. This might involve their code of conduct while representing the church, type of business entities the church is allowed to relate with and so forth.
Purpose of A Church Confidentiality Agreement
The main reason a church requires security, privacy and requires a confidentiality agreement. It is due to the fact that they deal with sensitive information regarding their members. That being said, it is paramount that any of the church’s volunteers, employees and representatives adhere to a certain conduct protocol or risk violating the sanctity of the said church. Most of the time this confidentiality agreement is signed when new volunteers and employees are being recruited. It is also signed when a church enters into business dealings with an outside entity. This ensures that the sensitive information one might be exposed to is not revealed. Upon violation of such agreement, the punitive measures might involve termination from employment or revocation of volunteering rights. It should be noted that no legal recourse can be taken against any violator of the said agreement but instead they will be excommunicated from the church.
Members and Volunteer Church Confidentiality Agreement
Employee Church Confidentiality Agreement
Data Church Confidentiality Agreement
Sample of Donor Church Confidentiality Agreement
Church Confidentiality Agreement Example
Employee and Severance Church Confidentiality Agreement
Church Work Product Confidentiality Agreement
Elements of A Church Confidentiality Agreement
A good church confidentiality agreement needs to be short and concise given that the parties involved mostly lack legal knowledge. Some of the main elements that should be addressed are:
- The parties to be involved in the agreement should be clearly identified at the beginning of the document.
- The next subject to e addressed is the scope and definition of what is considered to be confidential by the church and what is not.
- Next, the document should inform on which paries the information can be shared with and under what circumstances.
- The punitive measures to be implemented upon breach of the agreement should be clearly outlined and spelled to minimize any ambiguity that may arise.
- Lastly, the document should provide for the signatures of all the parties that are to be affected by the agreement. That is the church administrator, the volunteer or employee and the dates from which the agreement was effected.
It is difficult to remember all these things while drawing up this document if you are not a professional. All the same, there are a lot of templates and samples available on the internet that will provide you with all the necessary directions for drawing up a church confidentiality agreement.